I hate that last drop when you get to the bottom of a pipette. Why won't it come out? There's a huge difference between 10 ml and 9.9 ml, a whole world of difference, especially if I have to multiply my result by 14! I also found out that coffee makes me nauseous. I have never understood the expression "threw up in my mouth" until today. I could feel the increase in the salt concentration in my saliva as whatever it was that I had in my tummy rose back into your throat. The strange part of this story is that I was starving. I had just gulped down an apple [barely chewed it] because it was 5 pm and all I had had all day was hibiscus tea and a few vending machine oatmeal and raisin cookies. We tried to order pizza for lunch and found out that the pizza guy is not allowed into the harbour [where we are]! Working on Saturday should be abolished in all countries. It is such a nuisance. We also found out that the lunch guy does not come on Saturdays. So the boys, realising that our output was seriously diminishing, went in search of a vehicle that they could commandeer in order to bring the sacred pizza to us.
There's one more day till the weekend. We have a one day week end in our department. We have to fit shopping, laundry, sleep and outings into that one day. Last week, I forwent the sleep and got the other three done. This week might be tricky. There are more of us queueing up for the laundry machine. I'll hand wash, after all, what were all those weekends in Gayaza for, if not to teach me how to wash.
Mama and Papa bear had a fight this morning. Us, littlings sat awkwardly, unable to say anything to diffuse the tension. This is part of the reason why the pizza is late. Mama bear wanted us to get stuff done her way but Papa bear came and undid all of that. So were were back to square one at 11 am! It was too weird to mention that we were hungry, or that lunch was an urgent need. Death by starvation is better than death by a harsh word or an angry scowl. We decided to sit in a corner and giggle.
We're still waiting for the pizza.
Did the pizza eventually come?
ReplyDeleteYes :) ! the boys came through 30 minutes later. We were all light headed and giddy after that and then worked for another 6 hours!
Delete