Thursday, March 17, 2016

Letters from Germany - 2008 - part 3




So, it's snowing everyday now. It's been snowing since last friday. Everyone here feels sorry for Tracey (the other South African ) and I because we came here during the coldest part of the year. Temperatures have gone down to -4 degC and Tracey's having a ball. I think I've had my fill of snow already. We made a snow man on Sunday morning. I've added a picture! It was a silly little thing. After making it we left it on a random car and headed for our rooms. It probably melted away (wasn't there the next day). Tracey's been talking about a skiing trip and since going to Austria is no trouble, we just might do that in December. I got an invite from friends in Heidelberg (up north from here) in December as well. I might go there before visiting Martina (who lives near Switzerland). 

So far work has been about computers and learning how to program using their fancy software. Daddy would love this place. They are absolute geeks! And it's a full international house. The uni dept has Germans (obviously), a Spaniard, a Colombian, a Brazilian, a Canadien, Australian and there was a Malaysian but he left on the day we arrived. I'm guessing the other company has even more internationals. Our current supervisor's a cool guy. He showed us around the city on Monday evening and brings us cake for lunch everyday. That reminds me, I should be doing some work for him now. I've finished my training for the day but he'd asked me to do him a favour since I was free. I start on my actual project tomorrow. Tracey started today and is doing a lot of copying and pasting of info. For now :-) it's aggravatingly slow. 


So far we're planning to to to the Mercedes Museum and the oldest TV tower in the world over the weekend. We have a random forest work some time next week. Anyone going to watch Madagascar 2, don't tell me about it till I say I've watched it. The trailer's really funny(even without sound, there's no sound on the office computers!)


I'm off for now. Love you loads...


C

No comments:

Post a Comment