Wednesday, December 13, 2017

a rant about nothing

So this is not going to be coherent at all. There are several thoughts running through my mind. All of which, need to leave and live elsewhere. 

1) I want to scream bloody murder. I want to shout about my pain and be pitied. I want to point fingers and say exactly who I blame for this. I want to be comforted - not to be fixed. I want someone to just buy me ice cream and watch sad romcoms with me - not to tell me that I need to move on from the past, forgive and forget. I want someone to cry with me. But each time I begin that conversation, I feel silly. I keep thinking that no one else seems to handle life the way I want to. Everyone else is mature about these things. They all have thick skins and are capable of experiencing adult emotions. I'm still on baby mash and porridge. I want to scream.

2) People need to stop asking me how motherhood is. I can't really say it sucks without sounding ungrateful and spoilt. After all, how many pray for children, and better still children born in the safety if marriage to a father who actually cares beyond just providing food and clothes? I should be grateful. I should be glad. However, most times, I struggle to get out of bed in the morning and go to bed a little sadder than the day before. Please don't ask me to lie to you that I am enjoying it. The little marshmallow man is great. He is a total delight. But he is not enough of a distraction. Motherhood is some rough mess. I was not ready.

3) It saddens me a little that I do not expect anyone to read this. I am starved of friendly conversation. Coming home has proven to be harder than I thought. Turns out the welcome party was temporary. They've since moved on. 

Now that that's out. Back to normal. #AsYouWere

No comments:

Post a Comment