Today I'm dealing with the fact that I have to be nice to someone despite what my inner organs want. I've learnt that I can be very vengeful and that I hold onto pain. I find it hard to forgive people especially when I feel like I or someone else was innocently taken advantage of. What does one do when all the work one does is rubbished and whatever good people do see they attribute to another person who, by the way, intentionally distanced him/herself from the work? What does one do if this person actually claims the glory and accepts a promotion on that false basis? Do you risk looking like a sore loser by complaining or risk acting like a pushover and hope that it won't happen again? What do you do when you prepare to leave work at 6pm on a Saturday and recieve a request that keeps you busy till midnight, with the possibility of returning on Sunday?
Whatever happens, I've decided that it's important to treat people as people. It's important to be part of the process and not just to be a director from a distance. I have to be kind to those that I lead and to those that lead me. Humanity seeks for vengeance and the spilling of blood. I must rise higher than that.
But for now, I'll just be a little angry for a little while.I will drown myself in cheese and cocktails and hope to come out of it a little less angry. Bah Humbug!
No comments:
Post a Comment