Sunday, October 8, 2017

Marshmallows and hot sunny days

I have whined a great deal about pregnancy and birth. I realise I haven't said much about the marshmallow man himself. Yet, there is so much to say. He has challenged the way I see life, forcing me to be more selfless and tolerant than my normal self would be. 

However, I just want to declare how gratefuli I am. I am glad that he can sit (or sleep) through a 2 hour bible study, an 80-minute basketball game or a 3hour music/poetry performance and remain calm. He's not the kind of baby you dread going out with or the type that makes all your friends avoid you. I am ecstatic that he tolerates me when I take him on my shopping adventures in downtown and even does me the favour of holding in his poop till we get home. That's how awesome he is. 

He laughs at my not-funny funny faces and giggles when his father walks into the room. He has not yet cried in anyone's arms. He even plays with the children at church when we have rehearsals for the Christmas play. Last week, there was another baby at church who, as it turns out, was in the habit of throwing tantrums which included writhing on the ground as if he was in pain. The other children commented that they were not at all pleased with the new baby. He was nothing like the marshmallow man. The new baby was quietly and quickly whisked off. 

He really is his name. A joy to behold. Thank God.


No comments:

Post a Comment